Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Stanley 77

The IT guy here at work emailed me the other day with a What's-It that I identified readily. Seems he had found a Stanley 77 that he wasn't sure of. His pictures taken on his phone were poor, but I recognized a Stanley rod and dowel machine. He bought it at a ridiculously low price and this morning he GAVE it to me!
I intend to clean it up and mount it as a demonstration piece. It has only one cutter, but other than not having the original release for the guide plate, it is in fantastic condition, and works! I only had some soft wood to try it out with, but with some TLC and good wood, it will make dowels as it is designed to do.
These things sell at prices that would surprise you- from $200 to $500 when complete and with all the cutters.

 Stanley #77

After some cleaning, the Stanley 77 looks great!

 Clean Stanley 77


2 comments:

johan said...

Thanks

peteer said...

well post