Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Housebreakers

A friend sent me this in an email . I don't know the source to give credit where it is due , but if anyone knows who originated it , I will certainly thank them for the thought .

Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!! It
explains
things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country
protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue
of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might
protect
its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country
and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly
understand the thinking behind these protests.
Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover
me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all
the beds
and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors;
I've
done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and
honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you

must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and
provide other
benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work
because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking
in part).
If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my
friends
who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be
there.
It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I
do,and
I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard-working and honest, um,
except
for well, you know.
And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing
only
a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do
about it
without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an
anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language
so you can communicate with me
Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America....if
you agree, pass it on (in English). Share it if you see the value
of it as a good simile.
If not , blow it off along with your future
Social Security funds.

No comments: