Thursday, November 02, 2006

A QUOTE I LIKE

The important thing in the world is not where we stand , but in what direction we move .
GOETHE

I believe our position as a strong country in today's and tomorrow's world depends in part on how we weather this mid-term election and the 2008 elections . If the left gets a very strong grip on the legislative branch next week , they will build toward taking the executive branch in 2008 , and in my view , that will begin a slide downward for the US . I believe this in spite of the left's assertions that Bush is a cause of our loss of esteem around the world , and they represent a change for the better .

This is America , where we are free to have opinions , and to air them publicly . I respect the opinions of others when those opinions are based on considered facts and results . I wish the left would offer plans to better things , rather than harp on the current administration , only saying "Americans want change " .

Fine , let's have change , but not just for the sake of change !

No comments: