Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mary Jo Kopechne

Does Teddy think about this ?

Yesterday would have been Mary Jo's 66th birthday .
This could be similar to what she might say from the grave .
" I was a young member of a team of people helping the Democrat campaigns , attending a party with movers and shakers of the party . Partying with the rising star of the party was sort of a dream of mine . We had been drinking for a while and Teddy offered to drive me back to my motel . Somehow we drove off a bridge into a pond . The car ended up upside down in the water ,and Teddy was able to get out , but I wasn't .I don't know if he dived back in to try to rescue me or not , but he did leave , so I thought he would go get help . As I lay trapped in the car underwater , he swam away , got out , and went back to where the party was . I am sure he passed at least one opportunity to phone for help on his way . He didn't even call from the party location . He also tried to get someone to lie about who was driving the car .
The police found the car and then called him . He had not even called them in the morning ! By then , of course , I had drowned .
Teddy has since risen to near the top of the Democrat Party despite this and other incidents in his past . At least this one has kept him from ever running for President !
I wonder if Teddy ever thinks about what he did to me?
I DOUBT IT !!! "


( Disclaimer: I made this up from things I have read and researched , it is NOT a quote from Mary Jo ! )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»